Yoga evolved in India over thousands of years and has stood the test of time as a complete system for the development of the human being, intergrating body, heart and mind. I trained and was certificated in the internationally recognized Iyengar system, this is classical hatha yoga based on the teachings of the late B.K.S Iyengar, the world's foremost authority on hatha yoga. This method emphasizes the importance of safety, detail and alignment, in order to allow the physiological systems to function at their best. Postures are adjusted to meet the needs of the individual, and individual attention is given.
The practise of yoga develops strength & flexibility, improves posture & creates a feeling of well being and relaxation. Regular practice develops awareness, bringing emotional stability and inner calm. With increased awareness, the poses become meditation in action, with awareness of the breath flowing throughout the body. Physical tensions and imbalances are brought to attention and begin to release.
The benefits of hatha yoga include :-
- relief of muscular tension
- increased muscle strength, tone and alignment
- improved mobility of joints
- increased spinal strength & vitality, improving all systems of the body, especially glands & nerves.
- improved circulation
- strengthened immune system
- promotion of proper breathing
- promotion of deep relaxation and restful sleep
- improved levels of concentration & alertness
- increased energy levels
- creation of body/mind balance contact us